This is a take a look at promotions, hirings, movers and newsmakers within the Memphis space enterprise scene:
Rack Room Sneakers has promoted Jennifer Scantland to Midwest/Tennessee Regional Supervisor. Primarily based in Memphis, Scantland covers shops in West Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana and Arkansas. She joined Rack Room Sneakers in 2003 and was an assistant supervisor earlier than being promoted and relocating to Nashville to function district supervisor in 2009.
Boyle Funding Firm appointed Matt Hayden as its president and chief govt officer. He’ll oversee the administration, finance and operation of Boyle and its affiliated corporations, Boyle Nashville and Boyle Insurance coverage Company, with a complete of roughly 135 workers. Hayden joined Boyle in 2014 as deputy treasurer and in 2016 was promoted to chief monetary officer. Amongst his duties is overseeing the corporate’s funding fund, Midsouth Capital Fund, its funding committee and its acquisition/disposition evaluation of properties.
Public finance and municipal bond legal professional Miska L. Shaw was formally acknowledged by the Nationwide Bar Affiliation in its 2022 class of “40 Underneath 40 Nation’s Greatest Advocates.” The award acknowledges the nation’s high 40 legal professionals beneath the age of 40 who exemplify a broad vary of excessive achievement within the authorized subject, together with in advocacy, innovation, imaginative and prescient, management and general authorized and group involvement. She is one in all solely two Black girls attorneys in Tennessee who focus their regulation follow totally on public finance issues. Earlier this yr, she was named a 2022 Memphis Enterprise Journal “40 Underneath 40” honoree. She is an energetic member of the Ben F. Jones Memphis Chapter of the Nationwide Bar Affiliation.
The Tennessee Area of the American Purple Cross introduced Mat St. Martin has been named catastrophe program supervisor with the Mid-South Chapter of the American Purple Cross in Memphis. The Mid-South chapter serves Dyer, Fayette, Lake, Lauderdale, Obion, Shelby and Tipton counties in Tennessee, Crittenden County in Arkansas and DeSoto and Tunica counties in Mississippi. St. Martin beforehand was a researcher and visitor lecturer at Auckland College of Expertise in New Zealand earlier than taking the place in Memphis. He has a grasp’s diploma in Emergency and Catastrophe Threat Administration from Auckland College of Expertise.
U.S. Information & World Report launched its 2022-2023 Greatest Schools rankings, which consider 1,500 faculties and universities throughout the nation, and Rhodes Faculty achieved excessive rankings as soon as once more. The 4 general rankings —Nationwide Universities, Nationwide Liberal Arts Schools, Regional Universities and Regional Schools — are primarily based on measures of educational high quality akin to commencement charges, college sources, first-year retention charges, class dimension and pupil selectivity for the coming into class. Rhodes ranked No. 55 — sharing that place with 4 different faculties — for Nationwide Liberal Arts Schools. Rhodes additionally landed at No. 23 for Most Progressive and No. 26 for Greatest Undergraduate Educating amongst liberal arts faculties. For a fourth consecutive yr, U.S. Information & World Report ranked packages which are linked to pupil success and constructive studying outcomes. Rhodes acquired recognition within the First-Yr Expertise and Undergraduate Analysis classes. Rhodes additionally seems in U.S. Information & World Report’s general rankings of Pc Science Packages.
The Peabody Memphis celebrated its 153rd anniversary on Sept. 1.
The Ladies’s Basis for a Higher Memphis introduced its 2022-2023 annual grant cycle, awarding 34 organizations almost $1.5 million. This marks the group’s highest year-to-date funding locally. With greater than $34 million in grant-making efforts all through the inspiration’s 27-year tenure, this newest spherical of grant-making has reaffirmed its management and dedication to investing in pathways for long-term options in neighborhoods all through the Memphis group. The 2022-2023 Grantee Companions are:
- Case Administration and Wrap-Round Providers: Hope Home Day Care, Data Quest, MIFA, Neighborhood Christian Facilities Inc. and City Methods Inc.;
- Job Expertise, Employment and Entrepreneurship: Advance Memphis, Boys and Women Membership of Higher Memphis, DeNeuville Studying Middle, Costume for Success Memphis, HopeWorks, Karat Place Inc., Memphis City League Inc., Southwest Tennessee Neighborhood Faculty Basis and YWCA of Higher Memphis;
- Early Childhood Growth: ALLMemphis, Early Success Coalition, Households Matter, New Hope Christian Academy, and Porter-Leath;
- Youth Growth and Employment: A Step Forward Basis, Large Brothers/Large Sisters of the Mid-South, Booker T. Washington Center and Excessive College, Emmanuel Middle Inc., Lady Scouts Coronary heart of the South, Women Inc. of Memphis, Memphis Internal Metropolis Rugby, Mustard Seed Inc., New Ballet Ensemble and College, STREETS Ministries, College of Memphis Analysis Basis-Herff-GEE and Vance Avenue Youth Growth Middle;
- Monetary Training and Asset Constructing: Neighborhood Authorized Middle, RISE Memphis and South Metropolis a Neighborhood of Alternative Revitalization Empowerment (SCORE CDC).
— Compiled by Daniel Ginsburg
Electronic mail data and photographs in JPEG format, no less than 1MB in dimension, for Individuals in Enterprise firstname.lastname@example.org.